CAPPMoms

We are Catholic moms who follow the basic tenets of Attachment Parenting. We are different personalities; we're not clones, so you should see some varying opinions on different subjects. Join us as we continue on this exciting ride known as Catholic Mothering!

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Day of Discontent

Charlotte Allen's op article in today's Los Angeles Times, Day of Discontent, pretty much hits the nail on the head. My entire family has been in the slightest funk today...the post-Christmas letdown. Except that it's not really post-Christmas, is it? It's just the second day of Christmas! But when you've had the tree up since Thanksgiving and when all the stores are clearing out Christmas to make room for Spring, it seems like such a disappointment. Such a spiritual sucker-punch. And we did it to ourselves. I wish that I wasn't the only one in my family who wishes it was otherwise...who wants it to be otherwise. I do have an entire year to pray about it, though, don't I?