CAPPMoms

We are Catholic moms who follow the basic tenets of Attachment Parenting. We are different personalities; we're not clones, so you should see some varying opinions on different subjects. Join us as we continue on this exciting ride known as Catholic Mothering!

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

New Year's Resolutions

I make New Year’s Resolutions every year. 2005 will be different. I will be tackling a much harder task than losing weight, getting organized, or running in that ever-elusive marathon. It’ll be the holy grail of resolutions: less online time. Yep, I’m going to nip this baby in the bud starting now. 15 minutes of email in the morning, 15 minutes in the afternoon for blogging or my group lists and 15 minutes at night. 45 minutes a day. That’s a GINORMOUS change over what’s been going on lately: surfing online debate boards, reading about strange people’s woes, and worse yet, viewing pictures of other people’s families. All of this in place of caring for my children and handling my responsibilities at home. I give myself a time to stop and find myself giving myself excuses why I should extend that time! All while my kids cry for attention, want to play with me, and end up watching WAY too much TV.

So that’s where I’ll be in the New Year. I’ll be in the playroom playing with the little ones, potty-training my 2.5 year old, getting this house in some sort of order, and hopefully finding some balance in life with my IRL and online lives.

My motto for the year: “It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.” -- James Gordon, M.D.