CAPPMoms

We are Catholic moms who follow the basic tenets of Attachment Parenting. We are different personalities; we're not clones, so you should see some varying opinions on different subjects. Join us as we continue on this exciting ride known as Catholic Mothering!

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

The "so-called" sleep experts strike again!

This makes me want to vomit myself....

Especially these two quotes:

"It may take breast-fed babies a little longer to sleep through the night because breast milk is digested more quickly than formula; these infants are more likely to be awakened by hunger pains."

Uh, hon, you're saying I should ignore my baby's hunger cries too?!

"The worst thing that can happen, Debrovner continued, is that your baby may throw up due to violent crying spells. But this can happen just as easily during the day. If your baby does get sick, don't panic. Simply clean up the mess, kiss your child and continue your sleep training." [emphasis mine]

Sorry, but you've got to be kidding.

While I have the utmost sympathy for the moms who struggle with bedtime issues with babies (hell, I've BTDT three times and will again in May!), I have no sympathy for the mother who lets your child choke on their own vomit because ""Research has shown that as long as babies get plenty of attention during the day, they will be happier and better rested once they have learned to fall asleep on their own." To that, I say Bullshit and lemme see your research. Because I have plenty of my own that shows the opposite.

More later,
Yvonne