CAPPMoms

We are Catholic moms who follow the basic tenets of Attachment Parenting. We are different personalities; we're not clones, so you should see some varying opinions on different subjects. Join us as we continue on this exciting ride known as Catholic Mothering!

Monday, January 10, 2005

Ah, That Elusive Bliss...

also known as sleep. It's become a prized commodity around here. When DK3 peed in his bed in the middle of the night, I was up washing and changing him, and then doing a load of laundry. I put him back into my bed while I cleaned up, warm in his new jammies. And then he was asleep when I came back so I went to sleep with DK1 who kicks off the covers and likes to put her knees in my back. Cold, I finally threw a comforter over DK3s bed and wrapped up. An hour later, I finally fell asleep, only to be awakened 30 minutes later by a now awake and extremely chipper DK3.

Perhaps only another insomnia sufferer can appreciate the frantic feelings one gets in such a situation. Anyhow, this mom is hoping a shower and some coffee and breakfast will help, and that I'll last until bedtime tonight. This had been happening three to four times a week until I started taking an OTC sleep aid. Last night's event happened despite the meds, so I am left to wonder if its efficacy has worn off, and if I'll have to up the dosage (groan).

Any other insomnia sufferers *yawn* out there???