CAPPMoms

We are Catholic moms who follow the basic tenets of Attachment Parenting. We are different personalities; we're not clones, so you should see some varying opinions on different subjects. Join us as we continue on this exciting ride known as Catholic Mothering!

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Ten Pieces of Random Music

Here's a fun game from Fr. Jim over at Dappled Things:

l1. Open up the music player on your computer.
2. Set it to play your entire music collection.
3. Hit the "shuffle" command.
4. Tell us the title of the next ten songs that show up (with their musicians), no matter how embarrassing. That's right, no skipping that Carpenters tune that will totally destroy your hip credibility. It's time for total musical honesty.
5. Write it up in your blog or journal and link back to at least a couple of the other sites where you saw this.
6. If you get the same artist twice, you may skip the second (or third, or etc.) occurances. You don't have to, but since randomness could mean you end up with a list of ten song with five artists, you can if you'd like.

Here's what's playing on TiaKay's computer this morning!!

1. Ray Stevens, Sitting Up With The Dead
2. Sting, Gabriel's Message
3. Hail Mary, Gentle Woman
4. Judy Garland, Meet Me In St. Louis
5. James Taylor, You've Got A Friend
6. Pat Benatar, We Belong to the Night
7. Spike Jones, Yes, We Have No Bananas
8. Jesus My Lord, My God, My All (instrumental)
9. Garth Brooks, Friends in Low Places
10. Durufle, Tota Pulchra Es

and the next 10, for kicks and grins...

11. Dinah Washington, Duck Before You Drown
12. Pop Goes The Weasel
13. Eeyore's Lullaby
14. I Am The Bread of Life (instrumental)
15. Queen, We Will Rock You
16. Gayla Peevey, I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas
17. Sting, I Burn For You (live)
18. Missa Benedictus Es, Kyrie
19. Andrea Bocelli, Time To Say Goodbye
20. Bruce Springsteen, Born In The USA

And for what it is worth, when I put it all together, I have a playlist that would run for 28 hours and almost 26 minutes, if you listened to all of them. Oy! And such a varied list, too. I'm sure there are other oddities if I kept hitting Shuffle!

Thanks for the laugh, and I think I'll just hit play, and enjoy what comes up!!