CAPPMoms

We are Catholic moms who follow the basic tenets of Attachment Parenting. We are different personalities; we're not clones, so you should see some varying opinions on different subjects. Join us as we continue on this exciting ride known as Catholic Mothering!

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Time Warp in a Bookstore

CAPPMomsToday I stopped by our last, local independent bookstore. It is owned and run by three generations of the same family. Besides the usual bestsellers, classics, exam review books, there is the occasional hidden treasure.

I spotted a copy of Barbara Pym's The Sweet Dove Died in the Harper Trophy edition. This is the same copy I have (with the yellowish-green cover); I bought it in the early 80's when I first discovered Pym. The book was marked "#3.95".

There was no bar code on it.

This book must have been sitting in the store for over twenty years.

Hey, when did bar codes come in anyway?