CAPPMoms

We are Catholic moms who follow the basic tenets of Attachment Parenting. We are different personalities; we're not clones, so you should see some varying opinions on different subjects. Join us as we continue on this exciting ride known as Catholic Mothering!

Thursday, June 16, 2005

so sick...

and let me tell you, it is no picnic. I'm thinking it might be strep or mono or some other Gawdawful throat thing, which has spread to my eyes and my neck. I fell asleep last night without even telling anyone goodnight, I just disappeared into bed, much to my very-attached 3 year old's great sorrow. He was happy to be tucked in next to me, where he happily fell asleep without waking me.

But here's the dilemma, I have no physician. I am not established anywhere. I have the kids' pediatrician, the hubby has his own doc, but I haven't seen any sort of doc but an OB since before I started having kids *mumble mumble* years ago.

So tomorrow I'll start calling to see where I can get in quickly, and maybe get something to bring relief.

The lesson? For all my preaching to friends, and my nagging of DH until he called for his physical (what if you get sick? you'll have no one to call to see you without a 3 day wait unless you go to a freestanding clinic with a moonlighting doc), I didn't follow my own advice. So, learn from my suffering, get thee established with a regular health care provider that you can call when you are sick!

gack...

UPDATE: It's strep all right. Have a Z pack, a shot of steroids for the inflammation, and Advil for the aches and pains. Thank God for afterhours clinics and 24 hour pharmacies!