CAPPMoms

We are Catholic moms who follow the basic tenets of Attachment Parenting. We are different personalities; we're not clones, so you should see some varying opinions on different subjects. Join us as we continue on this exciting ride known as Catholic Mothering!

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Another tragedy

It's so strange, to be occupied with something very pressing, and to have no idea what's going on in the world. I am a news junkie; I admit that. So imagine my surprise, after returning from some very important medical evaluations for my 10 year old, to learn that there were horrible attacks in London today! It was such a horrible shock. I had been so focused on the appointment for my son; it was something we'd scheduled late last winter. I was so relieved that today had finally arrived! And we had no idea what had happened until noon, mountain time.

My heart aches for the victims and their families. I am praying. It's so hard to know exactly what to do. It's so far away from where I am, and yet after what we've been through here in America, we have some idea of the pain those families are feeling. It's just such a fresh shock, having another brutal and senseless attack like this.

I'm stunned, really. And yet, it seems so silly and naive of me to be so startled and shocked. Things like this happen so often now. It's such a different world for our children.