CAPPMoms

We are Catholic moms who follow the basic tenets of Attachment Parenting. We are different personalities; we're not clones, so you should see some varying opinions on different subjects. Join us as we continue on this exciting ride known as Catholic Mothering!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Looking for the Rainbows...

So, I've been a little blue lately. Who doesn't get down from time to time? So I decided to make a list of the rainbows in the midst of the rain, to cheer myself up and turn the glum into gleam!

1. K3 throwing his arms around me and the DH, saying "I sure WUB you guys!"

2. Every morning when I let the dog out, I go out on the porch in the dawn's fresh air, and sit for a minute with my coffee, huddled in my robe on the deck, and offer my day to the Lord. The song "When Morning Fills the Skies" is often in my mind!

3. K2's dimples when she laughs that funny made up laugh of hers. We keep saying we're going to tape it and send it in to America's Funniest Home Videos, but never get to it.

4. K1 shyly telling me that she prayed for K2 and her upcoming First Holy Communion at a prayer service she was at, at our parish.

5. All 3 huddled in the big tub, up to their ears in bubble bath (one garden tub, two good squirts of body wash, turn on the jets), with a handful of suds on each little chin, so they look like little Santas, grinning from ear to ear.

6. The joys of sunsets... and the even greater joy of being able to call my folks, and holler "Sunset Alert" when they answer the phone, they holler back "OK", we all hang up and we both know we're looking at the same sunset. They call me, too :)

7. Our family abbreviation of 1-4-3, which stands for I LOVE YOU.... and the accompanying hand gesture of one finger up, then all four fingers up, then pulling down the index finger with the thumb to make only the last three fingers up, as a way of flashing the message across a room, or wherever you are unable to say it. Part two of this is when the kids have learned it, and struggle with making their fingers cooperate, and the smiles they have when they've mastered it. Part three is being on the unsolicited end of this hand signal from the kids. Part four is the little tid-bit of knowing that each of us, unbeknownst to the other, had that inscribed inside each other's wedding rings, along with the date. We discovered this at the wedding. We also gave each other the EXACT same Hallmark card on our wedding anniversary. Yes, the same peach envelope, the same card, everything. Great minds...

So, what about you? What are your Rainbows?!